Saturday 25 February 2023

Power Grid - played

In the on going attempt to play games that we own rather than the new and shiny, the collective went to Steedo’s to play Power grid. Now we have played this before back before I started recording my adventures in gaming  … so quite a while ago.  

The game was marked by two strategies employed - Steedo and I went for a get cheap power stations and build the city network, whereas DK, Sylon and Snake-eyes went for get the big power stations, then build the network. Initially the build the network strategy seemed to be working for Steedo and myself - the downside of it being we were buying resources and building the network last for sometimes more cost. In the end I couldn’t get hold of a big power station, so ended with a big network but I couldn’t power it - Steedo was in a better position. Where a DK could power a big network, which he didn’t have … but Sylon won by having the by being able to power the same size network as DK, but having more money that DK - Just 11 electros!

It was a tight game with all us thinking we had a chance - I needed another two turns, where as DK and Steedo and Snake-eyes needing just one more turn. Good fun had by all. 

Morts 

No comments:

Post a Comment