Monday 6 February 2023

Persian Army - Showcase and Selling

 After much bimbling around I have started the great DBA army sell off and to coincide showcase the armies I painted up for the great but never realised DBA campaign that DK and I envisaged (a bit like the Lords of the Rings HotT campaigns). 

I will first present the Persians (all of these figures are by 1st Corps - most came via eBay, but I had to get a few extra to be able to complete the army). 

The full army arrayed for battle.

The king or local Satrap, with some booty.


The scythed chariot - which was rather underwhelming in the few battles I fought with this army. 

The mounted force, the top line shows the cavalry with a possible General element in the centre. The bottom line shows the light horse. 

The Persian infantry - 4 elements of Auxiliaries in DBA term on the right and I think an element of spears on the left (probably should have been mercenary hoplites but I had enough Persians), the bottom shows the light infantry. 

I have to say I quite enjoyed painting this back in the day - but I need to clear space, so these and a few other armies had to go. A bit of de-cluttering had to happen … so I can justify other mission creep …

Morts


No comments:

Post a Comment