Wednesday 8 February 2023

Macedonian Army - Showcase

The bulk of this army was picked up years ago when DK and I went to Colours in Reading … it was before he had “mind tricked” me in buy some Confrontation miniatures, but that is another story - in I think part of the reason for going was so that he and Pete could enter the painting competition for a Confrontation event that they hadn’t entered … anyway in the deep and distant past now. I picked some Foundry and Newline phalangites at the show … left then for a while an the decided to go with Newline because they were cheaper…

The army fully arrayed - not for battle, but so they can fit in a picture.


The General (a Foundry mini) and his companions. 

The mighty Phalanx - nice!

The elite Hypaspist - I think auxiliaries in DBA 

The prodromoi light cavalry. 

Light troops - slingers and javelin mean by 1st Corps miniatures. 

The elephant (this is an Foundry model I picked up in a bring and buy somewhere) - I think it could be used for Macedonian or Carthaginian - scale wise it fitted in with the Newline figures rather than the Renegade ones. 

A nice little army - the Newline stuff was easy to paint if lacking in movement a bit. 

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment