Thursday 9 February 2023

Greek Hoplite Army - Showcase

There will be another on of these sometime, as I have another Hoplite army … which was painted years ago with some really nice hand painted shields. This is the army currently on eBay, which to be fair is where most of this one came from - the bulk of the Hoplites are just repainted figures which I picked up as a bargain.

The army arrayed for the photo shoot. 


The first line of Hoplites - mainly Essex miniatures, which a few Black Tree Designs in there.

I used a very simple paint scheme with 3v transfers for the shields.


The light cavalry - I have enjoyed painting Essex horses over the years. 

The slingers - I think most of these are repaints from an eBay win. 

The Greek camp - with a little fire pit.  
A nice little army - I think I was a little jaded painting Essex Hoplites (I still have some unpainted Foundry ones to do …) by the time I got to these - I got these as a extra army for the planned and almost realised Mediterranean mini campaign involving Greeks (both in Italy and Greece), Macedonians, Romans, Persians, Thracians and the unpainted Celts and Carthaginians … oh well never mind. 
An this isn’t the first Hoplite army that I have sold off - long ago there was a 1st Corps/Navigator/Foundry one (but they were a tad short and slight to play with the Essex and Renegade stuff) - I don’t think there is a picture of them anywhere now … sad times. 

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment