Tuesday 7 February 2023

Republican Roman Army - Showcase

I picked up this Republican Roman unpainted from Renegade Miniatures a few years ago - I also pick up a Carthaginian and Celt armies which I haven’t got around to painting (I will be keeping the Celts, they will be used for barbarians in Kings of War or Dragon Rampant).

The whole army arrayed.

The legion - in its three lines, on the top and the hastati on the bottom.


The second line of the Principes and the Triarii below.


The legion command element - never used in a game due to the standard being a tad delicate. 

The cavalry and general elements - and a legate an extra command figure that Renegade did. At the bottom the Velites light infantry 

Below the rather nice (in my humble opinion) Roman camp - a resin tent from Battleground I think and some other bits and bobs. 

I did enjoy painting these Romans - I think everyone should have painted a few. Due to the size of the Renegade models they were on larger bases than recommended for DBA. I also swapped out the horses for Essex ones as the Renegade ones were rather large. 

A couple more DBA armies to post before they go…

Morts 

No comments:

Post a Comment