Tuesday 7 March 2023

Change of plan …

 A little while ago I picked up the old space wolves 2018 kill team set, with the intention of painting them up as space wolves. Then the new edition of kill team came out and eventually the Phobos kill arrived which used infiltrator and incursors, as well as reivers. I picked up some space wolf 3d printed shoulder pads and some infiltrators and set an out assembling at kill team with some options - did some conversions for the helix adept and was pretty happy with the plan … hadn’t really got into the painting this year. 

Then while browsing eBay at the weekend I came across a silly cheap eliminator model - which could join the team as an incursor marksman. And as luck should have it I won the auction - hurrah. 

But this got me thinking - why was I planning to paint a space wolves team?

I had started a sort of space marine chapter of my own … so I decided that I needed to change the pauldron icon to the rams head from the wolf’s.


A work in progress shot as I remove the wolf icons - and make a few changes to the models - added another grapple launcher and am work on making one of the reivers into an incursor for kill team. For bigger games there will be 2 5 figure squads of reivers and 1 5 figure squads of infiltrators/incursors … would quite like to get a dreadnougt model. 

Morts 

No comments:

Post a Comment