Thursday 16 August 2018

The Worm Hunts ....

Steedo came over and we created a warband each for a game of Frostgrave. Steedo chose a Chronomancer, a barbarian, 2 infantrymen and 2 crossbow men. While I picked Sigilist 2 archers and 2 men at arms - using my Sea Elf team as a theme. 
We used the 3x3 mat - but in future I plan to play 1 vs 1 games on a 2x2 mat to be more intense....
The scenario was the Worm Hunts. 
The dice rolling was dire for both teams when it came to casting spells - I think we managed 6 successful casts between us - however my rolling was spectacularly bad. I don't think that I inflicted a single point of damage against Steedo's warband or the monster. 
The game started ok for me with a crafty use of telekinesis spell, but from then it went down hill. Steedo's crossbow man killed off one of my archers. Then the worm appeared next to my wizard ... To be fair Steedo did inflict significant damage on the worm - but it still managed to "kill" my wizard and a man at arms, before Steedo killed it for 100XP. While this was going on Steedo managed to "kill" my other archer!
I found this a really tough game - a bit like Steedo's last game of Frostgrave. There was literally nothing going right and the dice were against me and once I was behind I couldn't match the numbers in Steedo's warband. I did try 3 different dice to try and change my luck.... But it didn't. 
We only had one monster - the worm arrive in the scenario, a few more would have helped ... If they were on Steedo's side of the table. The crossbows extra damage was very helpful to Steedo damaging my warband and the worm. 
We will play again and upgrade the warbands - my wizard only has a permanent injury -1 on movement, but my magic item is boots of speed or something. Unfortunately Steedo has more to spend so it will be a another tough day at the table. 
I have another set of scenarios I hope to use with the rest of the collective. 

Morts


No comments:

Post a Comment