Sunday 19 August 2018

The Necromancer's Tower

So Snake-eyes and Steedo came over for a game, so I decided that it would be another go with Sellswords and Spellslingers! As our second game we chose the EXPERT scenario The Necromancer's Tower for a number of reasons:
1 - I didn't have any goblins (or lizard men or ratmen) available for some of the others.
2 - Steedo is still scared from the beating he got from the Orcs last time out. 
3 - I did have plenty of Skellies and stuff.

After the last game Steedo decided to go with 2 characters a Brute (Brutus) and a Rogue (Jackal). Snake-eyes followed suit with a Fighter and a Wizard - named after passed D&D characters ( but I can't remember the names at the moment). I continued with my warband I started in the previous game with a replacement Fighter - Brunhilda. 

TL - initial set up, TR - my warband advancing towards the tower - I should point out Snake-eyes had started out very well lots of successful activations, only for Brunhilda to fail all three of her activations  - getting caught in a trap and bringing a whole load of Skellies down on Snake-eyes Wizard ... Who did a cracking job of killing them. 
BL - The parties close in on the tower, BR - Snake-eyes Fighter has smashed down the door to the tower to find it filled with Skellies and set off the Necromancer firing energy bolts on the party ... and levatate beer out of the top of the tower!

TL - Jackal is surrounded by ghouls and put out of action, meanwhile the party, well mainly Brutus fought through the Skellies and took on the Necromancer. The most challenging part was getting through the door! With Snake-eyes fighter tripping twice I think. TR - the wizard is surrounded and taken down. BL/BR - the Necromancer is down and the party start exiting the tower. With the Necromancer we had to roll for each Skellie a 1 improved them, 2 or 3 did nothing and a 4 they crumble to dust.... So what does Snake- eyes roll! 

Once we killed the Necromancer we decided that no more Skelllies could be placed (no power to animate them) once the last Skellie was dead the ghouls would lose interest and run away. Brunhilda with her Whirlwind of Death taking out a whole load - but unfortunately Woody the woodsman from my gang was killed ..... All the other characters put out of action will be back for the next game.

Another good game of Sellswords and Spellslingers - Steedo and Snake-eyes parties are complete with some silver, spells, scrolls, potions and 8XP to spend. I have to created a new ranger type for my party (and I got some of the above). RIP Woody ....

The game was very tense - it went from this seems easy to we might not make it. I think we were lucky with how the cards came out - very few Wandering Monsters came out until the end so the ghouls did have much of an impact. The Skellies seemed to be rather easy to kill. 

Hopefully another game soon.

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment