Saturday 27 May 2023

The time vortex - aka Dreadnought

The weather in dear old Blighty has turned rather nice, so that has an impact on painting and modelling time. Also it has been the better half’s birthday in the last week, so that has taken some time away too.

As I rescue the second hand Redemptor Dreadnought I am discovering that it is a time vortex. I had to remove and refit the lower part of the cockpit (fitting in a bar to hinge it) as it had been glued open. 

As can be seen in the smaller picture - the shoulder joints had so much paint on that I had to sand and scrape back to the plastic - while fitting the shoulder pouldron came off - so that will need gluing back on. The elbow joint on the same arm is a bit loose, so that might need fixing in place. The magnets have arrived so I will be fitting a couple to the lower cockpit door. The ones for the alternate weapons are quite large so might end up being visible - but the model only came with one of the joint plugs (there are 2 in a brand new kit apparently) so some fudging here was going to happen. Overall happy with the purchase, but it is going to take me longer to sort than I envisaged. 

Next post is the 400th I think, so I suppose I should try and make it longer - possibly more interesting?

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment