Saturday 6 May 2023

A late write up - Raiders of the North Sea

On the May bank holiday Steedo invited the collective around for a game. Only DK and I could make it and because I was knacker from the big event on the moor, I had asked for a quick game. Steedo had asked for Raiders of the North Sea.

An early doors picture of the game - great components. I really like this game it is has a simple place a meeple do the action, then pick up a meeple do the action -  although DK was struggling with this for most of the game, needing reminders to place first. Steedo got a good engine running and started raiding early. I seemed to get expensive crew cards and didn’t decide on a good strategy…
The end game Steedo (red) way out in front, then DK (blue) a solid game and sadly me in last place! I enjoyed the game but my usual game of going for the offerings never got going - there were a lot of Valkyries in the early raiding areas (by the time I started raiding anyway), but I didn’t have cheap crew to expend, so I couldn’t get the commodities and could replace the crew quickly enough. A fun evening - thanks to Steedo for hosting. 

With the big moor event over I have managed to start painting again (well 1 evening) - I have some Phobos marines I’d like to do before the show next Saturday - which i am really excited for (I have been to a show for ages. Hopefully I’ll get another post of some minis up here before then.

Morts


No comments:

Post a Comment