Saturday 13 May 2023

Legionary 2023

DK very kindly picked me up for a trip down the local show in Exe. This is the first show I’ve been to for a couple of years and was I looking forward to it - I had actually compiled at list of things that I wanted. So on arrival we scouted out the Bring and Buy - which was very good. DK picked up quite a lot of “bargains” - including 8 oldish terrain boards. After the Bring and Buy, we went around the traders to see what might catch our eyes. 

Before we perused the games we headed the cafe for a quality breakfast.

The advantage of using a venue used by the farming community is the breakfast was good!

Some lovely ToonKrieg miniatures and game using NUTS rules - all 3d printed. 

A great “toy soldier“ set up for somewhere in Eastern Europe using NorthStar miniatures. 
Loved the ship. 

The Cornish were there with an impressive Blood and Plunder set up - if we had been earlier we might have had a go - but the 2 hour play time was too much. 

Two Star Wars games - one clone wars using Chain of Command rules, the other using the Legion rules.  

A nice mid 18th century battle where you had get the supply column off the board. 

A massive 30k game was being played - lots of vehicles and knights on the table. 

The tables from the Brethren set up, a Bolt Action game and Wings of Glory airship epic.

DK and I had a good day wandering around and chatting to other gamers - I didn’t pick up everything on my list, but my haul wasn’t bad.

Pleased with all I picked up - looking forward to having a go at the Blitzkrieg game (I had looked at this a year or so ago as a Christmas pressie).

Morts


No comments:

Post a Comment