Monday 30 May 2016

On the workbench.....

After the last KoW battle it was felt - by me, no one else mentioned it that the Kingdoms of Men need a bit more Grrrrrr. So I rummaged through the lead pile to get the reinforcements at least to the ready yo paint stage.

We have another elephant (beast of war) - got to sort the crew and light ballista out. 

Adding to the fire power will be this very old Orc War Machine (TA4) with its human crew! Hand to be done. 
Will also paint up the old Orc crew - and dual purpose it!
The an army standard bearer and the Captain both mounted - from the foundry King Arthur pack!
Printed colour on the flag to save some time. 

Managed to paint (still to base) the 12 figure Saxon/Viking unit for SAGA - also works for KoW. 

I think another colour (black?) stripe or something on the shield might be good. But I am waiting to sort the Saxons shields out - thinking green or blue background with a red or white cross. I'm planning a similar shield/colouring thing as I did for the Vikings. 

The Hobgoblins/Orcs can't miss out so a regiment of "gore" riders
Nice old Nick Lund grenadier/chronicle sculpts - black orcs (planning a purple skin colour!)
And a war machine of their own - which in KoW will be classed a goblin unit!

I was planning to do some undead but got side tracked.....

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment