Tuesday 3 May 2016

Beast of War - nearly done.

Well in the background with all the other stuff I've been doing I have slowly been working on a Beast of War for my Kingdoms of Men Kings of War army.
The painting is now done - so next stages are varnish and glue together.
The beast itself is an old Essex minis Macedonian Successor elephant (a refugee from the Lord of the Rings Haradrim army - who were sold at Legionary on Saturday) with crew converted from figures like the one on the left - had to replace heads and right arms used on the cavalry conversions. 
The ballista on the right is a press mould and scratch build. 
I am not totally happy with the legs on the driver so will change my method if I do the other elephant and I should probably do the star design on the shields on the howdah. 

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment