Sunday 15 May 2016

Battlefields - bargains to be had!

About 8 years ago I embarked on a battlefield building project - courtesy of a supplier to DK who provided me with 5 pieces of foam 45cm by 120cm. Using gaffer tape and GW paper backed grass I attached 2 boards together (twice) - this gives me 2 3ft by 4ft boards ideal for 15mm Maurice or DBA/HotT and skirmish games and with the cunning use of Velcro a single 4ft by 6ft as shown below.


On the whole I am happy with this - not as happy as I could be but it does the job!

There Aldi sold this for the princely sum of £6.99 for 1m by 2m!

This is a nice surface and is easier to move and store than the boards - but as the table is only 3ft wide I can't trust the gaming team not to place models on the mat without the table beneath.....
Now thinking about cutting it in half for small games or leaving it for visits the club ....

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment