Sunday 1 September 2024

New month - a little rambling and gaming done.

So been out to the moor for a little walk - rather nice it was too. 

The river up from Two-bridges, walking up to Beardown farm. 
The woods at Beardown. 
Walking up to Longaford Tor. 
All finished out with a cream tea - done properly cream on first at the Two-bridges hotel. 

I have also managed a couple of gaming sessions recently - first up was a trip to Boy Next Door (BND) for a go at Valhalla - which I felt did not go down as well as usual … everyone said they enjoyed it, but the vibe I felt was people though it was ok - probably because I won. 

Then as the good lady was out I had Steedo, BND and Boy Up the Road (BUR) over to play They Come Unseen - Steedo Snake-eyes and myself played this a few years ago and it has not been played since. Any way BND has a copy and is indeed a submariner, so I thought it would be good to revisit it. So I’m not going to run through how it plays again - we split into teams Steedo and BUR were NATO in the subs and BND and myself were the Soviets with the destroyers and logistics. The game started well for the Soviets, damaging Steedo’s sub - only one hit left … but then we couldn’t find it to finish him off.  Then we lost a couple of bases - with the supply ship and a container ship in them - this seriously hampered our efforts, due to a lack of fuel! We managed to damage BUR’s sub, but it was in vain - the dastardly capitalists destroyed the remaining bases (including my destroyer as I was refuelling at the time). 
I have to say this was a really good and intense game for the teams - the sub team loved watching us “nearly” catching their subs in the sonar sweeps … so close comrade. A definite play again, sooner than later - but defo with 4 players in teams. 
We finished off the evening with a go at Raiders of the North Sea (always a good game) - the BUR won in his first game - beating Steedo by a point. 
Cracking evening. 

Morts


No comments:

Post a Comment