Saturday 28 October 2023

Some more Adeptus Mechanicus

With the week off nearly over I managed to sit down and paint the last Ad Mech miniatures I had picked up. I think the plan is to play some One Page Rules Grim Dark with them - as I am too tight to get 40k (although I believe the rules etc are available for free online), there is also Xenos Rampant to use as well. 

None of these can be used in Kill Team - so bigger games are needed. 

First up the Tech-Priest Dominus. 

He has got greener robes in comparison to the rest of the army - I should have mixed in more of the standard green with the scaley green. But it looks pretty good. I picked up the model assembled from eBay - I have to say that with this model and the Kataphrons to follow they can be a little challenging to get to all of the model with the poses they are in. 

The Kataphrons;

No 1 - Heavy Arc Rifle and Hydraulic Claw

No 2 - Heavy Arc Rifle and Arc Claw

No 3 - Torsion Cannon and Arc Claw

I went for a mixed load out on these, as I don’t think I will get anymore and it seemed to be more interesting - I imagine in games (unless skirmish type) they would all count as the same for ease of play.

These were assembled and painted with the tractor unit and torso separately - which I think worked ok.

All I have left on the 40k front is a farseer to paint for the Eldar and when I get them for Christmas Voidscarred Kill Team.

In between jobs I painted an eBay rescue - Theoden King - from Lord of the Rings. 

He arrived missing his sword arm - fortunately on of the Gripping Beast plastic sets does have left handed sword arm, so with a little carving and paint he was repaired - it’s only taken about 5-10 years to finish him - ridiculous! 

I have been stalking eBay and Etsy recently to see if there is anything I might want and sadly there isn’t, which is probably a good thing as I will hopefully get on with working through the metal/plastic back log.

Morts


No comments:

Post a Comment