Saturday 11 November 2023

Kill Team - Death in the Ruins

The good lady pop out for a couple of hours to do some singing practice, so I thought it would be a good idea to have Steedo over for a game. I thought I should play Kill Team, because I keep painting stuff and don’t actually get many games in. 

We used a couple of existing lists I had done on BattleScribe - to save time as I on,y decide on Kill Team with about 30mins before Steedo arrived (SAGA, Kings of War and other games ran through my head as well). 

The forces on the board were Ad Mech and the Craftworlds - Steedo decide to give the Ad Mech a go. 

We set up diagonally opposite. For some reason I don’t have an initial position photo- d’oh. Any way it was a fairly brutal first round with two dire avengers and three(?)Ad mech being taken out early on. With plenty of damage being done to the surviving Ad mech - however Steedo ended the round 2 nil up on victory points. The rangers doing rather well being concealed, but being able to shot with the silent rule. We also happen on the fact that the rangers could “dash” and shoot (they can’t move and shot because of the heavy rule). Picture below shows the end of turn 1, start of turn 2.

Turn 1 picked up from turn - the Eldar rangers just peppering the Ad Mech with hits - reducing then down a two minis - a ruststalker and ranger diktat. Some quality shooting going on. However Steedo was still leading on the victory points 3-2. 

The start of turn 3 is above - here the elder went all engage order as Steedo only had one figure with ranged weapons - so the team’s job was to take out the shooter, avoid the ruststalker while trying to shoot it. Something they were able to do!

End of game - total team kill. A grim day for the Ad Mech victory points were 5-3 (might have been 4) to the Craftworlders and we didn’t have to play turn 4.
A really brutal game for Steedo - I would like to play this again with teams reversed. Was I just lucky with the dice this time? But it was nice to have a win. 
Kill Team can be very tough - the last time out with the Eldar I was well beaten (I think by DK and a Chaos warband) and Steedo smashed me up in our last game when I was using the Blooded Traitor Guard.

After Kill Team we had couple of games of Odin’s Ravens, which resulted in a win for me and a draw as we didn’t check the victory conditions for first game.
Steedo also brought over the new edition of Kings of War over - he picked it up at Essen. Certainly I want to have a go at the Ambush rules. He also has lent me his copy of Osprey Games, General Orders - which looks interesting. 

Anyway pleasant distraction today. 

Morts


No comments:

Post a Comment