Thursday 28 October 2021

Dune and Stuff

Well the better half and my good my good self escaped for a couple of days from the drudgery of chores and stuff … and she agreed to see Dune! On an Imax screen no less. 

So what did I think of Dune - well it is spectacular on the imax screen. The cinematography, special effects and production design are so good. I enjoyed it - but I like the David Lynch film from the eighties … I have read the books or seen the miniseries set in the universe. 

Now I think this helped me with the story and what was happening, because when I asked my better half what she thought, “it’s not the worst film I’ve seen”, was the reply. She found it difficult to follow what was happening at times and who was doing what. - this could have been my fault as I didn’t prime her ( DK suggested that I should have after the event), but as she is not a great fan of the fantasy and sci-if genres, I thought it would be best for her to discover the story through the film - but that didn’t happen. So that is probably a flaw in the film, that the narrative is tough to follow if you aren’t already familiar with the source material. We both found the sound too loud at times (probably our age) which seemed to muffle some dialogue. I am looking forward to part 2, but will have to go with someone else. 

Also while away we visited Belas Knap long barrow. 

A darn impressive tome to last 5000 years … 

Something spooky for Halloween. 

Morts 


No comments:

Post a Comment