Monday 21 June 2021

Oathmark Cavalry

After the games on Friday - I spent some time putting together some Oathmark Human Cavalry for my fantasy human army surprisingly enough, although I should have been painting heroes for the Blackstone Fortress….

These are all still in need of some greenstuff to fill a few gaps etc. 

The mounted rangers/archers


I when with hoods for these guys, a musician (horn) and leader with big axe. The figures go together well. It will be interesting to see how they paint up. 

Next up the medium cavalry. 


These chaps have metal shields to match the rest of the human forces. I need to do a bit of work on the helmets so they are a closer match to the “Roman” style of the others. I think adding these to the human forces will make them an interesting force to game with - not matter what system is being used. I might use the thinner bases if these seem a bit tall against what is already painted. 

The Oathmark pack with 15 figures so the last three have been done as Viking/Saxon types with bits off the Gripping Beast sets which make up the SAGA forces and auxiliaries for the fantasy humans. 

I made the spears a match for the Gripping Beast stuff. If they fight for humanity there could be 4 human mounted unit on the table - the flanks will be important!

After I had finished playing with the glue and clippers I spent the rest of the evening sorting out the bits box into some order - still a little bit to go as not every spire is accounted for. 

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment