Friday 9 August 2024

Tomb Guards -Tehnolog - Big Skeletons

So a little while ago I picked up the Tehnolog Dark 54mm Attack box - mainly for the 4 Orcs in the box to be repurposed as Trolls for the Hobgoblin army (sort of replacing the Dark Alliance Lord of the Rings style trolls I had picked up). In the set are Orcs, Skeletons (Tomb Guards), Elves and Dwarfs (the latter two need to find their way back onto eBay). I had seen the Orcs before, but thought I give the skellies a try - they did need replacement weapons and some head and arm adjustments. 

The original poses for the 6 big boned lads and the converted and painted boys altogether. 
The hand weapon and shield unit - if playing Kings of War.
The two hand weapons chaps. Another unit in KoW or if they are combined a horde. They will be used a proxies for undead trolls. If using Dragon Rampant, they can be stated out as I see fit. 

I took the opportunity to experiment with painting rust - which I think went rather well. Lots of dapping with a sponge. Verdigris - this wasn’t quite as successful, but not too bad. I also had a little play with the speed paints again for the bandages and  cloth areas, which are ok - on the shield boys I used the pallid bone shade, which is a bit to close to bone - d’oh. On the two hand weapon chaps I used yellow which looks better. The bones and wood work were done using a wash and highlight method. One thing I did forget to do was wash in warm soapy water - hopefully the varnish will hold the paint on - lack of actually playing games will help too!

I am happy with these chaps - now a bit excited for the Orc/Trolls and the Dark Alliance Cyclops (use as ogres for a Greek themed army or as Cyclops in smaller games) - however I have to finish the bases for the 15mm Bavarians and Saxons. 

Morts


No comments:

Post a Comment