Sunday 21 January 2024

Some Orcs - very oldhammer

We have a busy weekend, with visitors from afar. However I did finish off some old Citadel C15/16 Orcs which were prepped back in COVID times … nearly 4 years ago! But they are of a much older vintage than that. I should go back and see when some of the others were done. I think I had planned to complete all of them (still 6 to paint and 3 to touch up) back in the first lockdown, but like all gamers I got distracted. The plan is to finish the last ones off before I start anything else (that means you Voidscarred Corsairs). 

Bases to be finished and they will join a Dragon Rampant/Kings of War force - and possibly a Warhammer army sometime. The orc in the middle has a plastic scimitar and spearhead as the originals hadn’t survived the test of time. 

My brother also brought over these little chaps - which he had cast over an open fire at a Viking museum. I did post out that they looked like Swedes rather than Danes from the Great Northern War - and with a little hunting I found the molds on the Prince August site - Karoliner 901 musketeers.  
I will dutifully clean them up and paint them as Swedes and return them to Denmark. 
While my siblings were about we had the opportunity to play a few games (not Valhalla) on Saturday evening. One night Ultimate Werewolf went down well - a number of games played after the rules were run through (which was quite amusing in itself). Then Pass the Bomb - a win to my sister - the timer does put the pressure on. Then another run out of Goat Lords - a sneaky stealing cards game - another victory to my sister, who did seem out of it for a long time. 
Good fun had by all - and doing rather well on the game front so far this year. BND has organised another Heroquest for the end of the week. 

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment