Sunday 2 October 2022

Almost Hallowe’en …

So it has been a busy month September - back to work, returning Thing 2 back to University, some decorating for the new sofa (arriving on the 2nd Oct). And we had the big “O” in at work … seemed to go ok, an early visit might be the way forward.

Have managed to squeeze in a wild camp out on the moor - a rather delayed train journey to Okey (but got some money for that)and sore hips for not inflating the air mattress enough. 

An ominous looking evening - but all was good (apart from the rave a couple of miles away in Fernworthy). 
Sunrise - nice. 
The views north from Hangingstone. 
A look back down the East Okement…

Gaming wise things have been quiet - due to work getting in the way. The Old World rpg which Tiger-King was bullied into running, has failed to restart due people being away (work again) the GM getting COVID (very last year).

Until today I haven’t done much painting - but I did some undercoating yesterday, managed to get some more things ready for the painting table - unfortunately the 2 cans of white primer I had found in the shed were knackered, so my plan for some zenithal undercoating was buggered up - apart from by dry brushing. 

Any how I was able to do a bit with the gunmetal for the scenery and Necrons. 

Large raw plugs to be used as force field holders - seems to work. 


Heavy weapons - I got these years ago for the Starship Troopers. I used the speed paints over the black and gunmetal - I think it works. 

I also did some more speed paints over gunmetal to get some nice effects - speed paints over the metal gives a metallic effect which look good. 

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment