Thursday 27 October 2022

Hobgrots Speed Painted

I have managed to find some time to continue my speed painting experiments. 

This time on some Hobgrots - black undercoat, then a dry brush of white. I then painted and put a black wash over the metals. 

The skin tone was a mix of crusader flesh and yellow - the cords blood red and plaid bone. 

Then the metal was touched up and highlighted (although I then had to do another wash due to heavy handedness …), teeth were done, as was the skull. Like the chaos space marines this lot will need a spray varnish, then I will do their bases. I have another 12 Hobgrots to do - these one will have shields - although I have to change out the metal ones I have used for plastic one as there is an imbalance on some of the minis.

Overall I am happy with these - a much better experience and practice in using speed paints. They seem to have a decent level of shading on them - I am going to try on some Chaos marauder types, but I will check the coverage of the dry brushing a bit more carefully but I start applying paint properly.   

No comments:

Post a Comment