Saturday 21 August 2021

Mantic Sci Fi Checkpoint

On the 2nd June I put together the Mantic terrain crate sci fi checkpoint - in the last couple of days I have painted it. 

My old Star Wars RPG character Jargo Khan is modelling the scale of these pieces.

Here we have electro-ducting as generally annoying linear obstacles (these appeared to be columns in the original set, but I couldn’t see how to use them with the stuff I had so they became these things). In the background we have a radar/radio dish and a big gun thing (this is only dry brushed as I am not sure what to do with it).

The military defensive line pieces - dry brushed and that’s about it. 
The watchtower/strong point. 
 The main building - with steps to the roof. 
These have come out rather well me thinks - I added a few transfers here and there. More importantly I have managed to squeeze them into the storage space ….
I do have an issue here - some more things will have to go….

The stuff for black undercoat ready to go ….

The last of the Starship Troopers (apart from the metal stuff), ripper, mantis and tankers bugs and some mobile infantry (I think that I will sell the last unopened pack I have of these and the wasp troopers (I don’t like the figures to be honest) and one of the 2 chicken hawk walkers). Also there are some 15mm Age of Reason - planning to become Saxons. And of course the last of the Blackstone Fortress miniatures. 

Should be a busy autumn of painting…

Morts


No comments:

Post a Comment