Friday 5 February 2021

Another year down - a bit of a milestone.



Well it is that time of year where my birthday occurs - due to the Covid-19 lockdown no usual trip down to the Ocean City for a games show .... however I did get some gaming goodies. 

First up Raiders of the North Sea, from my older brother. 

According to DK, this is a good game so I am looking forward to playing it. It appears to be a placement and management game - with vikings. 

The gaming gang clubbed together and got me 

Now this looks interesting - one as a dungeon/space hulk crawl in its own right and as the miniature can be used in Kill Team (already printed off the stats and rules). Of course there are 44 minis to paint - so to paint those in a reasonable amount of time will be a challenge. I would like to try by my next birthday at least... so about a year. 

Of course typically I had just found a couple of old Confrontation Wolfen Devourers which had been sitting around for years on the “ready to paint” shelf. 


Base coat and wash. 

Flesh done - still work in progress. Going to finish these before starting on the Blackstone Fortress miniatures. I also have the box of minis ready to undercoat ....

Morts

3 comments:

  1. Good stuff, looking forward to playing both of those once lockdown is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I think Raiders will get the first outing - as no painting is involved. We should try confrontation again ...
      How many years?

      Delete