Saturday 9 May 2020

The great CORVID-19 Lord of the Rings clear out!

Mainly because I haven't posted much recently (and re-basing lots of Orcs and Uruks), I thought I would post the Lord of the Rings collection which is hitting eBay .....
12 Mordor Orcs - Hand-weapon and shield
10 Orcs with 2 handed weapons
4 plastic Warg Riders.
6 plastic Wild Wargs
4 Mordor Uruk-hai and an Orc captain.
8 Uruk-hai with pikes
9 Uruk-hai with swords and shields
4 metal Warg Riders - based for HotT
A war Troll coverted from the metal Isengard model
6 High Elf (Noldor) cavalry - converted from riders of Rohan (apart from the Knight of Rivendell in the centre).
12 Noldor Spearmen - all metal apart from some press moulded shields.
12 Noldor archers - 10 plastics from the Last Alliance box and a couple of metal command figures.
More on versions of the the Riders of Rohan into Men of Gondor Cavalry. An Aragorn the King being used as a commander of some sort .... perhaps even the King.
A few more with swords and bows.
12 plastic Men of Gondor swordsmen.
8 Men of Gondor Archers - I was pleased with the standard bearer conversion.
9 Men of Gondor spearmen - 3 metal the rest plastic conversions.

I am pretty sad to be parting with this lot but I haven't used them in years - originally planned as HotT armies to fight DK - I think the elves had a couple of outings back in the days before the blog - pictures lost in the mists of time. This posting is so that I can look back at what I have had. There are a number of figures which I don't have a record of .... nevermind.

I haven't got rid of all the Lord of the Rings stuff - I will endeavour to post pictures of the survivors of the cull. Some were kept to be able to play the actual GW Lord of the Rings and to support Kings of War armies (unit of 12 wood elves - still to see paint).

Hopefully some of the proceeds will be reinvested in the futures!

Stay safe!

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment