Friday 22 May 2020

A small package arrived .....

With some of the money from the Lord of the Rings clear out - I have reinvested in a new period for me! World War 2 - with the battlefront complete starter set in a box - HIT THE BEACH.

At just over £30 (From Firestorm Games - delivered in under 24hrs!), I think a bit of a bargain.
11 tanks (8 Shermans, 3 mark IVs), 2 guns, 90 infantry, a bit of scenery, dice (20) and a set of rules!

I am actually thinking of using the Airfix battles rules if I am honest, but I might give Flames of War ago.

Not totally sure when I will get around to starting this new period, but 15mm seems a much better scale for armoured warfare than 25/28mm - I can use some of the early 18th Century buildings and stuff, which is nice.
Got a couple of other things in the post, which I will show when they arrive.

No more figure buying for me - apart from 3 Wargods of Olympus Demigods when Black Pyramid get some stock in! Also I have spent a fair amount of the money raised from the clear out on a dropper post for the bike and the better half’s birthday present. But I’d also rather like to get a couple of extra units for my fantasy human army (another cavalry unit and a 2 handed weapon unit - but yet to see the figures for the job at the price point).

Morts


No comments:

Post a Comment