Tuesday 14 April 2020

Progress report

So during the lockdown I have painted 32 out of the 36 old Chronicle/Grenadier Orcs/Hobgoblins/Goblins I found in one of the many boxes of unpainted metal/plastic. I should confess that I did buy 2 extra Orc archers from em-4 miniatures, so that I could have a unit of skirmishers for Kings of War or Dragon Rampant. I plan to post some pictures when I have completed all the miniatures (including basing so I don’t think I will have any until the end of the week.
On other gaming news Osprey’s mass battle rules Oathmark have been released (£25 for the hardback). From reading this review

https://zacgaming.wordpress.com/2020/04/11/oathmark-review-part-2-the-rules/

I am very intrigued by the campaign rules - certainly an interesting approach, which harks back to the battle of Five Armies (book not the disappointing movie) inspired games when I first got metal minis back in the early 1980s. The system partly reminds me of the original Mighty Empires boardgame/campaign system that GW produced way back in the day.



I also download a set of fan made campaign rules for Kings of War, which follow a similar idea of different types of terrain allow access to different types of units - but these are randomly rolled for. So I am currently in danger of being distracted by World building .... and trying to get a campaign started, which reminds me that I should get another game of VSF going.

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment