Sunday 19 April 2020

Chronicle Miniatures - N12 Hobgoblins and N11/RR18 Black Orcs and others

So the lockdown got me looking through various boxes and I came across my stash of Nick Lund's Chronicle miniatures - there are a few Grenadier miniatures in there too as I had picked up a few over time and bought a couple of archers to finish off a unit.
But in record time for me I have sat down and blitz the small horde (possible contradiction there but nevermind).

First up the leader and his advisor - Eeza Ugezod (classic black orc with a fixed axe) and his Hobgoblin Shaman.


Then the skirmishers/scouts (skulks iirc in Kings of War) - only 2 N12 Hobgoblin crossbow  "men" in this unit (I did have one of these as part of my first order to Chronicle back in the early eighties, but he has been long sold off - but now replaced so all good!). The other figures are 2 Grenadier Goblins (the one at the front has been converted with a sword changed to a bow and a quiver added to his back) and 2 Grenadier Orc archers (quick turn around by EM4, but I think the mould is shot).

Next up is a mix of the command group from the RR18 Eeza Ugezod's Mother Crushers, a couple of  N12 Hobgoblins from the second Citadel Journal, a BC4 (Mighty Ugezod's) Death Commando, and the rest made up of second Citadel Compendium pre-slotta N12 Hobgoblins (could be pre-Citadel take over).

The next unit is almost exclusively made up of pre-slotta N12 Hobgoblins, with a couple of Death Commando's in there too. The figure on the front right of the picture is a miniature I picked up in my first order from Chronicle back in the distance past! 

Then the N15 Wolfriders - well a couple of Grenadier miniatures in there and front right a very old Chronicle miniature I swapped with a mate when the wolf broke when still in school (30+ years ago), I painted these a while ago.

Then the artillery - this is a Grenadier model, with a Goblin as a "officer". 

Finally a group shot of all the Purple People Eaters - I am pretty pleased to have finished these off and and happy with the results.

Morts

2 comments:

  1. That's a great-looking horde! The purple works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much appreciated. The purple comes from a "remembered" image from the Tolkien Bestiary of a blue/purple skinned Uruks. Seemed appropriate for "Black" Orcs.

    ReplyDelete