Monday 21 October 2019

Kill Team - Skitarii Vanguard

Well after a month or two I have finished painting the Skitarii Vanguard for my kill team (not finished basing them, but that might take a couple more days). I was really looking forward to painting these, more than the Rangers, but I found them a real pain to paint - lots of fiddly details. I couldn't seem to get their overcoats highlights right (this is the second attempt on those). Not a joy to paint - hopefully they look ok and when the basing is done, they'll pass muster. No doubt when I'll spot some mistakes and details I've missed.

I went for a soviet style colour scheme - which I think works well as they work as cogs in the great machine. When the basing is done I will get a full shot of the complete kill team.
Of course now I don't have a reason not to finish the barbarians who have been haunting my desk for a year or so ..... They have not quite been the painting experience I hoped or assumed they would be. - perhaps I need at paint so individuals for a bit to get the paint vibe going again. This has been quite a frustrating time at the painting table.

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment