Tuesday 31 July 2018

Making the games table - Part 1

A while back I purchased a folding table when the better half decided that we were having a move ar ound. For the princely sum of £12.50 I picked up the following .... But have since been busy with work, decking and car shelters. 
But today I managed to get started. 
So folded in situ, up before the ends got squared off - discovered that the folding leaves are a cm difference in length. Starting the sanding!
Primed the base unit - legs removed for sanding and oiling/varnishing. 
Then the underside as I put the frame around the top (the angled wood cost more than the table!). The frame goes approximately 5mm above the table top. Bottom right the top of the table framed - a bit annoyed as I manage to lift a bit of the ply with a panel pin when tidying up the corners - agggghhhhh! Not a lot I can do about it now. Hopefully the varnish will put some moisture back into the ply - which was very dry when I squared off the ends. 
I have given the first coat of paint to the unit now - so with luck the table will be finished tomorrow. 

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment