Thursday 15 February 2018

Risk - Europe ... A play through!

In a shocking turn of events we managed to play a game within a week of getting it!
Normally we wait at least a year - sometimes longer (not mentioning Star Wars: Armarda here ..). 
The game in question is Risk - Europe. 
About mid game - Steedo and DK building up forces, where as Snake-eyes and myself are already at war! The toad took my castle. 
The game played smoothly (thank to the Hasbro play through on BBG), although we might have missed some rules on resupply. The order cards do change the dynamics of the game without being a major pain with only 8 cards in your hand. The city bonuses where very cool - Berlin's manoeuvre after expand I found very useful. The combat after all the two cards had been played in a round meant that the force you thought you were facing could be considerably different by the time the dice start rolling. 
The different troop types again changed the game a lot from normal risk. 
The aim of the game is to gain 7 crowns - from cities, crown cards.  
The early leader was Snake-eyes who had picked Rome (gain a extra crown for the eternal city). 
The game itself was close and played in just over 2 hours!
The results below ....
Three of us finished a round on 7 crowns - so we went to the territory tie breaker - Steedo 16, myself 14, DK 12 ..... and Snake-eyes had well 3 crowns! But it's the taking part that's important. Risk - Europe is a really good game and not that much like Risk.
The evening continued with a game of coasters - sorry Skulls, which was fun, but again Steedo won (the best I can say is that I didn't lose, but then I didn't win a hand either). 
Then we played Splender (although at this point the beer, port and tiredness was taking it's toll) - after much collecting of gems, I think DK won .... I think I was third.
A jolly good mid week evening of games. 

Other news - the better half is organising a room move around so painting might be curtailed for a bit, but I may get a dedicated games table! So some of the blogs will be showing off the table transformation....

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment