Monday 26 February 2018

More Risk!

We managed to get together on Friday to play Mission to Mars. This is a nice area building game with a 9 card hand so that you choose your actions (more choices than Risk - Europe) as you race to get resources from the red planet over 10 turns.
The game started with me trying to much up the other by sending them to Phobos - which turned out to be a mistake, as this made the soldier card very useful. The game turned out to be very close with the final scores being 38 to Sylon, 36 to me, 23 to Steedo and not to much to Snake-eyes (mainly due to misreading a mission card!). A little gutting as I thought I managed a win, but Sylon pipped me at the end!

We then continued the quest to complete Risk Legacy - mainly to stop Snake-eyes getting another win!
I picked the new Alien factions and Attacked Snake-eyes in the first turn massively weakening me for the rest of the game, but also made Snake-eyes exhaust all 7 of his nukes! The game moved on at quite a pace with DK and the muties knocking out Snake-eyes!
DK before he knocked out Snake-eyes .... Followed by a brief flit with winning by Sylon, before the muties took his and Steedo's capitals. A win for DK. 
 We finish the evening with a couple of games of Skulls - I think wins for Steedo and DK.... A fallow night for myself and Snake-eyes with no wins. 

I also picked up a new table for the "games room". 
Needs a "bit" of a rub down and repaint - but it folds down and has a cupboard and draws!
Got some other diy chores to do. 

Morts


No comments:

Post a Comment