Saturday 2 April 2016

Games evening

We all went around Steedo's to play Skull and Shackles but he wasn't ready so we played ....

Chrononauts - an interesting game where you can change history and create paradoxes - stealing artifacts from history and each other. Certainly worth another play - Win to Morts. 

We then moved onto code words - the teams were DK and myself versus Steedo and Snake-eyes. 
It started well with 2 quick wins before Steedo and Snake-eyes pulled it back to 2 all with an impressive "Airwolf" 5 ....... Don't ask. 
However the decider went to DK and myself! This was the high point of the evening for me. 

Then Risk Legacy - lots of meta-gaming going on - many poor dice rolls by yours truly. I enjoyed the position of NEVER being a threat or in contention to win - picture shows the basic position for me for the whole game - 3 territories in Europe. 
Steedo and Snake-eyes control the Americas - DK in Oz .... I was placing 3 troops a turn getting one territory and stopping - It was at this point that I was reduced to drinking and consuming snacks (even kiddies R2D2 popcorn). 
Snake-eyes went for the win but this allowed DK to charge across Africa and take Snake-eyes capital for his first win (on game 6). Well done for breaking your duck. 

We then played Jamacia - I like this game but am just rubbish at it!
1st DK 26 pts, 2nd Steedo 20 pts, 3rd Morts 0 pts and Snake-eyes -1pts. 

The evening was finished off with Welcome to the Dungeon - I really must read what is on the cards ....
Win to Steedo and I was killed ....... It did not end as a good evening for me.

Morts

1 comment:

  1. Loads of games and a 2.30 finish. Really enjoy codenames, but could risk over exposure...
    Risk legacy was great fun, loads of funny trash talk, and machismo posturing - not least of all me wasting my nuclear missile on a 1v1 in Mongolia ..... Games 7&8 are going to be crucial in the race for victory I think!! I think the drafting mechanic is awesome.
    Apologies on lack of adult snacks.and my lack of skull and shackles prep.... Next time!
    Well done DK, successful night for you, and somewhat made up for the 0 wins in the week.

    ReplyDelete