Sunday 18 October 2015

A couple of games of Risk and things I have bought!

Well we managed to get together on Thursday and played 2 games of Risk Legacy - we started the campaign back in August. I managed to win the first game and name a continent, go me!
The next two games did not go well for me first Steedo and then Snake-eyes taking my capital to win the games. They also named continents - the game does play to the ego (the rest of us named cities!
Already thinking of new names 😀.

The initial games are all about placement of the capital - I was unlucky enough to place last and 2nd to last in the two games we played. In the first game this put me in the position to try a stop DK (in Australia) having a free run at Asia or Steedo at Europe (from North America) or Snake-eyes Africa from South America ..... I went for Japan. Which stopped DK in Asia but not Steedo who took Snake-eyes' capital in the first turn and conquered North America .......

The second game of the evening invoked Steedo and myself stopping DK with the Bear Clan but allowing Snake-eyes to again conquer North America and take my capital in Iceland .... Placing a capital at the end is a real disadvantage. The Imperial faction is the most successful, and the Bear faction has the most upgrades, but because of that it needs slapping down (sorry DK). 

Unfortunately DK the most experienced Risk player is yet to win (apparently he is always picked on.....).

Then I bought these .....

Money years ago DK and I tried out the quick start rules for this and to be blunt played them once and that was it.
But I have been looking at various rule sets recently (and a copy was cheap on eBay) so I thought I give these a try out (I reckon I can break even if I don't like them). Having read the rules they seem fairly simple with some interesting tactical decisions to be made during the game. I plan a quick solo bash using my HotT based Lord of the Rings armies and just record casualties (probably like DK and I did 6 years ago ... With the quick start rules). 
I am planning to rebase the LOTR stuff so I can use them for the skirmish game - see the movement tray posts. 

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment