Saturday 27 July 2024

Bavarians and a few other things done.

So not quite on plan but only 2 days off, I have managed to complete the Bavarians for Age of Reason (Maurice). So 4 regiments of foot - I did these with paper flags (I couldn’t face painting the parallelograms again - also the Virgin Mary on the Colonels colour is a challenge).

The Lieb Regiment - Top. Kurprinz Regiment - Bottom. 
Then 2 battalions of the Schallenberg Regiment - I am not sure that I have actually got the uniforms correct this time. All of the command figures have reversed uniforms, but when I had the WRG book on this period, I think I only did the sergeants and drummers in reverse. 
A regiment of hussars - I did have to paint the flag on these - so a few light cavalry. 
While I had the paints out I painted some destroyed artillery markers - a couple of these are press moulded (don’t tell anyone). 
The Russian chapel/church was also given a coat of paint - I picked this up from Ironclad miniatures because it was the cheapest one I have seen. After painting it I think it is probably better suited to mid 19th century onwards, but it will do for now. 
I now have a load of basing to do (and 7 generals to paint) - the whole Saxon army and the Bavarians at the top of this post. 

Now the plan is to get a game in soonish, so I actually use these things!

Morts


No comments:

Post a Comment