Tuesday 11 June 2024

So bits have been painted

It has been back to work and still looking for a new job/career - basically source of income. However I have managed to finished some bits and bobs. 

A unit of Saxon cavalry - Roundway Miniatures (actually British Heavy Cavalry) for a GNW army. 

An ok job on these - not too happy with the flag, but the actual design is difficult to copy in 15mm. I will be basing the whole Saxon army when the imagination light infantry-skirmishers are painted in the next week or so. Just a few more bits to complete for the 15mm GNW are finished off. 
The final three Shieldwolf Valkyries have been completed - still experimenting with speed/contrast paints. 
Not sure they are speeding up the painting process - the speed paints. But I plan to do a whole army (celts) with them at some point. 
All done with bases completed - I think they’ll look ok on a battlefield. 

I my depressed state about missing out on UK GamesExpo, I picked up a pack of plastic cyclops by Dark Alliance - I have some of there not Lord of the Rings trolls. About a tenner for 12 minis - 3 each of 4 poses, not bad as they are the size of an ogre (mantic hero one for scale).
I would say that the quality of these is a step up from the trolls I have - sculpting and production. At least 6 of these will become monster infantry for a fantasy Greek army … and I am sure that I will find extra use for them in other games too. 

Planning a game this weekend - hopefully I won’t be ill this time!

Morts


No comments:

Post a Comment