Wednesday 5 July 2023

Marauder Platoon

For Starship Troopers and obviously anything else I feel like (Xenos Rampant or Imperial Guard proxies in 40k) I have completed the M9 Chickenhawk Marauder Suits.

As a group of three models - 2 with utility claws and one with a flamer. I would like some extra warning transfers (I did try painting a few, but they were crap so I painted over them). 

The individual walkers - top is a complete Mongoose model and was painted a while ago (which is why the base is a slightly different colour) - I did add a little chipping when I was painting the other 2. The middle one is basically the same, but there was no rotary cannon on the sprue, so after a rummage in the bits box a bolter gun with magazine was stuck on as a proxy (the best option available). The bottom shows the flamer variant - here a Tau flamer has been used because the one in the original kit looked weedy and rubbish. I think the Tau stuff does match the SST ascetic quite well. 

Overall quite pleased with these - not the best kits in the world (need to do the feet on all of them), but they have turned out okay. Might even use them in a game sometime.

Not much sci-if left to paint … must resist the urge to buy more.

Morts

1 comment:

  1. Very nice , can’t believe you managed to snag 3 of these , a complete platoon.

    ReplyDelete