Friday 5 August 2022

Chimera Speed Paint Experiment

As I have said previously I had picked up the Army Paint Speed Paint base set. I had tried 2 contrast paints but had had mixed results with them - the brown was too dark and the purple not dark enough. So before trying the speed paints I did watch he a coupe of videos on YouTube. One was very helpful as it suggested mixing the different colours and adding water to thin it a bit. 

The chimera was black undercoated, but I dry brushed white on for a zenithal starting point  


 The model after the initial speed paints - the darker brown was a mix of a contrast and speed paints. A good start. 


The finished model - with teeth and horns done. A bit of extra dry brushing on the wings. I did bugger up the lion head when trying to paint the eyes which was annoying, but I think it has been sorted. I have to say I am pleased with how this model has come out with the speed paints.

Just have to see how the paints cope with brush on varnish …. The has been some mention of speed paints reactivating when it gets wet. 

Morts 

No comments:

Post a Comment