Friday 22 April 2022

Still busy

So thing 1 and thing 2 were returned to university in the last week. While we were dropping off thing 2 in Reading I thought that I would pop into a couple of games shops - Eclectic Games which was a good looking store  - there were plenty of board games and a huge selection of D&D miniatures. I didn’t stay long as I thought I would investigate Model Wargaming Shop Reading (Reading Model Supplies) - which was a 20 minute walk from the town centre - and was unfortunately shut/non-existent - which was a tad disappointing to say the least. I was hoping to pick up some second hand Necrons or Chaos Space Marines, but to no avail. I will see if DK can get some at a show in the near future. 

I also popped into the Warhammer shop - but it is too pricey for me. I did pop into a local games shop and pick up some contrast paint - my previous experience has not been good with Cygor Brown, just too dark and not enough contrast. This time I pick up Maglor Purple for a try on the Eldar Dire Avengers. 

This is the current state of the miniatures - there seems to be a pretty good contrast with this colour - I did a bit of Zenithal undercoating by dry-brushing. 

Off to the moor this weekend and a return to work on Monday. 

Morts 

No comments:

Post a Comment