Thursday 28 January 2021

Target for the end of January

So I have managed to paint another unit of Russian dragoons - the last one huzzar!



Which means my target is to finish the last of the Cossacks, before the month is out. These Cossacks might be used as auxiliaries for the Swedes as historically a number did, partially leading Charles XII more south and the disaster at Poltava. 

Why all this re-interest in 18th Century Russian, well initially it was to get the off the painting table (because I haven’t undercoated anything due to it being too cold to use the sprays outside) and then because I have been watching Catherine the Great (with Helen Mirren) and “The Great” (a not very historical take on Catherine’s early life in Russia). I have to say I enjoyed the Helen Mirren series - classic period drama stuff, but I am also enjoying the “The Great” - although some of the changes they have made do grate a bit with my inner pedantry. 

I am also quite enjoying painting the 15mm figures again (which is just as well as I have some WWII to start in that scale). 

Morts 

No comments:

Post a Comment