Thursday 13 February 2020

A bit more work in progress .....and other things ....

So apart from finishing off the bases the first set of 6 Chainrasps/Wraiths are completed.


A fairly quick and easy paint job and they don't look too shabby - I have the next 6 primed white and ready for base coats and washes.
The dwarf steam tank has had some dwarfy bits stuck on and a crewman converted from bits.

I want to make the funnel taller, but am struggling to find the right diameter - but to be of honest the 5 minute look through the bits box wasn't exhaustive - I'll have another look over the coming days. Part of me would like to have a triangular "cattle catcher" thing coming off the front but that is going to take some thought.

On other things I have expanded the Morts library with some quality literary fair .....

Sort of birthday presents -
Beowulf - because I thought I'd like to read it - but is hard work, lots of "spake the son of" .... I hope the commentary will clear it up.
Tiamat's Wrath  - book 8 out of 9 from the Expanse, looking forward to this.
With birthday money -
Greek and Roman armies - cos it was silly money.
Norse myths - worth checking out different versions (I have the Neil Gaiman version somewhere).
Children of Hurin - looked nice, sort of regret not getting the hard back copy now that I see that it is illustrated by Alan Lee.
So plenty of reading to do! If I remember I'll put recommendations up ....

Morts



No comments:

Post a Comment