Sunday 22 December 2019

Kill Team - Massacre in the ruins.....

Steedo and I had a quick game of Kill Team (I had asked DK but he was too busy and stood me up) - set in the ruins. My Skitarii versus his Deathwatch. The objective was to hold objective markers at the end of the game.

We managed to play the scouting phase which resulted in Steedo taking out of action one of my Rangers. Man down and the game hasn't started yet.

First turn was both of us advance - I was trying to get around the flank. Steedo's heavy bolter was causing more causalties for me, while my fire was hitting the 3+ saves for the Deathwatch meant I wasn't making the hits count.

Around of charges and shooting meant I was more Skitarii down and I was not getting knocking any of Steedo's marines. My Sicarian managed 3 out of 4 hit only to fail to wound ..... I kept rolling high on the Flesh wounds/Out of Action table.

We then suffered a power cut for about 30 minutes - but this didn't stop the game (phones and a DIY lamp kept us going, although I should have called the game over, as it wasn't going my way....).

In desperation I had my leader charge Steedo's and in a titanic struggle the Skitarii Vanguard cut down the Deathwatch and for the only time in the game Steedo rolled high! It was the end of turn 4 and the game was called over with 1 out of action for Steedo and 6 out of action for me .... A real massacre of my Skitarii Kill Team ......

We only made one mistake in this game, which was taking nerve test for flesh wounds - but this wouldn't have made much difference as the Deathwatch's nerve scores were 8 or 9. My team struggled because I wasn't getting the key rolls for hits and wounds which would improve either AP and damage, but I was rolling high when I didn't need too on the out of action table.

A very good win for Steedo ......

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment