Monday 10 July 2017

Another post ..... Agamemnon

I have always had soft spot for Greek mythology and the Trojan wars, so I was very interested in Agamemnon by Osprey Games when it came out a year or so ago and was on my buy list!
Fortunately for my wallet ns storage issues Steedo picked up a copy recently, so after a couple of ales we gave it a go.

As usual for an Osprey Game the box (I like the book opening box) and components are of a good standard.

It is an interesting tile placement game - you place the circular Warrior, Leader and Weaver tiles so at the end you collect the linking rectangular tiles. The player with the most rectangular tiles wins. 

Simples .......

Warrior and Leader tiles score the orange tiles by having the most spears in the run. The White tiles are collected by the highest value leader in the run - indicated by a letter (A being better than C etc). The dotty tiles are scored by having the most counters on the run (I should say "strings" as in "strings of fate"). Then you had the Weaver tiles with either delta (swaps two adjoining tiles) to phi (breaks a run/string) - these can be a pain as depending when they are picked up! I think I forgot to say you pick up you tiles blind in the basic game. 

Well the results were first game to me, then Steedo won the next two. 

This is a sutble game which deserves to be played again - it didn't set the room alight when we played it but it does make you think and I do want to see if I can improve my stategy. I will be returning to the games of Troy. 

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment