Saturday 31 December 2016

Christmas stuff and plans for the New Year

Well here is the Christmas booty!

A couple of packs of Frostgrave figures - summoner and cultist Knight and Templar, these last 2 match up with a couple of old chaos warriors so will be a part of a 6 figure unit for Dragon Rampant/KoW or what ever I want to use them for - even frostgrave!
I am finding that Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy seems to be a better read for me than the other two magazines on the market - enjoyed the articles and don't even play ECW - might adapt a few to 18th century. 
The cold one Knights were a bit out of the blue, but a nice surprise. The currently thinking is to use 3 to convert to Drakon riders for the KoW elves - just need to source some suitable wings. One will go a a young man who likes dinosaurs and fantasy movies! Not sure what I will do with the last one!

Then there is Rogue Stars - I am quite excited about these - however they seem to have split the gaming community a bit. 
For
Against

I am hoping than they will be a nice system part minis-game part-RPG. The rules do seem a little fiddly on the 'build' side and a decent QRS is needed. But I think that with 3-6 minis need for a squad/gang these could be a lot of fun. Steedo can dust off his old Star Wars minis to create a team, Sylon and Snake-eyes can borrow some minis and DK is bound to have something to use!
Currently I have the following plans in my fevered little mind using stuff from Starship Troopers - a Star Cops/militia squad of 5/6 using the Light Armour mobile infantry (they used SST uniforms in Firefly to save money). Using the power armoured plastics a black-ops team of 3/4. Then I think the arachnids can be a squad of nasties - probably npcs. 
Also I have a couple of mandalorians from a Star Wars game who could be the start of a nice little group of bounty hunters - I need another figure to complete the squad - a robot, IG-88 style?

Plans for 2017 - I pledge not to buy any figures or stuff until the start of February (going to a games show 😀). 
Finish stuff I have started - so SAGA Saxons first up - only 12 to go...... 
Sort out the KoW Hobgoblin/Orc forces. 
Build some more Sci-if buildings for SST/Rogue Stars. 
Get shot of stuff I don't use ..... 

Happy New Year. 

Morts

2 comments:

  1. Going to be a busy year with the 4x4 :) , also I need your help with my mighty army of undead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will give you a hand - I have some mantic skellies so we should start on those 👍

      Delete