Sunday 25 September 2016

My have things grown since I have been away ....

Recently Games Workshop re hashed White Dwarf and gave a away a free figure, so I bought it!
Now apart from paint (and Lord of the Rings stuff of eBay) this is the first Citadel mini I have bought in years. Now I am fully aware that minis have been growing from 25mm to 28mm to "heroic" 28mm etc.
I am also aware that Chaos dudes in Warhammer worlds and now the Age of Sigmar were bigger than the usual rank and file .....

But how they have grown .......


Now I actually quite like the slaughterpriest but as a human is is the size of an ogre. All of my humans are about waist height. I am now pondering if I put him on the 40 base or the 25mm I planned as he is a "human". The fit of the parts is really impressive and a long way from the psychostrene dwarfs which started the move to plastic. The only thing was that the pieces only seemed to go together one way so conversions would be more difficult to do. 

The copy of White Dwarf is quite a reasonable read and indicate that Games Workshop appear to be moving in the direction of smaller self contained games .... Which are introductions to 40K and Age of Sigmar and allowing the use of the miniatures from the smaller games in the main ones .... I would say that they have copied Mantic here with the mini/boardgame hybrids such as Dungeon Saga and Deadzone. 

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment