Thursday 4 August 2016

Shrek! Ogres everywhere and not one is green!

A bit a dedication to my big brother who back in the mists of time got into Warhammer a bit ang bought lots of Ogres - this was back in 2nd Edition days long before GW created the Ogre Kingdoms!

The original set my brother bought was Golgfag's Regiment of mercenary Ogres - the box he got had the standard in it .... So after a bit of hunting I picked up the ogre himself off eBay ....

Here he is front and back - I have tried to match the paint scheme as much as possible with the 5 I already had.
Here he is leading his Ogre Horde for Kings of War. 

Anyway GW then produced Golgfag's OTHER Regiment of Mercenary Ogres (sculpted by Jes Goodwin) so my brother bought a set of these, this time with the new version of Golgfag in it. 
Again this left me with the problem of having only 5 minis - another trip to eBay got another member of the rank and file (the musician and standard were too prices for me!).
Below is the OTHER regiment (horde) with the newbie on the right (again I have tried to match the scheme and style I was painting in at the time!

As a birthday gift this year my brother got me the Grokagamok from the Kings of War range which I am still in the process of painting ......but I did paint this old bad boy up instead! Makes a good warlord (or proxie for Grokagamok while he is still being painted). 

Below the Ogre army - around 600 points in Kings of War terms - but with Giant pushing a 1000!
Very useful to add in as allies in other armies!

Morts



No comments:

Post a Comment