Thursday 18 February 2016

3 hours and 5 games*

*Well 2 games played 3 and 2 times respectively. 

Went around DK's yesterday and played W1815 (3 times!)

This is a cracking little game - where you have to decide which card to use - if you should counter attack. The dice gods need to be favouring you but there are lots of tactical decisions to make - leave in square and roll for Prussians or get them back in line so the Grand Battery don't get bonuses. 
And when to use the  Allied reserve ...... Should you let Hougomont fail?

Basically you decide what to do - roll a dice and see how this effects both sides with morale and or casualties losses. The higher the roll the better. The Allies can use reserves or put troops back into line. 

Anyway we played 3 games - in the first one I was Napoleon and upset history - persistently attacking on the Allied right.
For the next 2 games I was Wellington holding on the the Prussians - who are lethal once you take Plancenoit which I did one the 2nd of these.

 The dice gods were with me 3 wins! Go Morts ....

Then we had a go at the intro scenario in Dungeon Saga .....
This was a disaster for me as the Overlord as DK smashed up all the skeleton warriors without taking a single wound! The dice gods were laughing at me now!
As DK has the Dwarf Kings Hold games which Dungeon Saga was developed from this went fairly quickly, so we played again swapping Overlord for Heroes! 

To be honest this game didn't go much better for me - I did open the door but DK did injury the Barbarian. We then played out the rest of the game and continued poor dice rolling meant that the Barabarian died! Arrrrggghhh!
DK wanted a picture..... As there is a rumour that I only post pictures and report games when they go my way! Lies I say! Lies!

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment