Thursday 23 May 2024

Tanks - An eBay bargain.

So during COVID I picked up a copy of Hit the Beach - the Flames of War starter set. Which is still almost mint in box (well on sprues), and a Zvesda Tiger 1, so I could play world war 2 games. This is also why I picked up the Airfix Battles game, by Modiphius. Obviously this project has been on the back burner for a while … as are most things at the moment. But the plan is to start it off once the Age of Reason stuff in 15mm is complete - by the year of the year. However despite it being on the back burner, I have been looking at adding to the forces - but the little tanks and stuff come in at about £6 a sprue or so, anyway I was perusing eBay when I came across this ….

The old Tanks starter set - not fully completed with cards - I haven’t got the German cards, but I have the British cards (no British tanks mind you) - but I do have the rest of the bits and bobs - tokens, woods and dice. But I wasn’t buying it for the game. This set came with 9 tanks!

I have been on the lookout for some Stug IIIs and now I have 4, and another Panzer IV (so now 4 in total with the hit the beach set). Really pleased to have picked up a Panther and Jadgpanther - them Germans really don’t need anymore tanks! For the allies the 2 Shermans here make a grand total of 10. I’m not sure if I will keep all the Sherman/Stugs/PzIVs - we will see. Of course the this mission creep means that I now want a Firefly, Cromwell and Comet and some British infantry. 

A good purchase for about £14 including postage - a right bargain!

Morts


No comments:

Post a Comment