Thursday 7 December 2023

Saxon Artillery and other things

After possibly 12 months plus of sitting on sticks ready for painting (and multiple years of sitting in bags and boxes), I have finally found the time to paint the Savon Artillery for the Great Northern War army. 

3 medium/heavy guns and a very light gun - apparently the Saxon guns had black carriages with yellow metal work - the crews have got red hat lace, although I found source which said it is white - but I had already painted them by then. Painting this lot has encouraged me to try and finish off the rest of the army - so along with the already prepped Guard du Corps and Cuirassiers, there are now 2 line infantry units and the “light” infantry for Maurice prepped too. While fiddling about a few painted pike men were found, so another Russian foot regiment is in the works. I have also got out the Bavarian units to ready for completion. Might try a game of Maurice in the near future - want to get (at least) one in before Christmas (but realistically one with be a good effort as things get busy).

On to the other things, while browsing eBay I came across a Mythic Battle Pantheon Aphrodite model for a bargain price, but I wasn’t sure of the size. 

As you can see - a nice model but she does tower above the Croc Games Athena demigod miniature. Part of me is not sure if I missed out on getting Hermes and the Persephone models, as I waited for her arrival - anyway she can still be used in Of Gods and Mortals.  

Morts

No comments:

Post a Comment